Tuesday, January 06, 2009

Gloomy Happiness

It is a dark and stormy day out today, one of those days when all you want to do is light candles and wrap up in a blanket by the fire.

But I am happy, Happy, HAPPY!

Why? you ask...

Because Frosty is dead!

Finally, some "normal" Oregon winter weather is upon us. The roads are clear, and I can get into town whenever I want to!

Note: I have always wanted to see what happens to a snowman's trappings when he is allowed to melt completely away. But usually, scarf, hat, and facial features are removed before final destruction. The above photo is the actual, untouched remains after a deluge of overnight rain melted him completely away. Now you know.

5 comments:

Brandon Barr said...

Ha :)

It's interesting...almost artistic how Frosty's remains finally came to rest.

A great post.

-Brandon

Tanya Willis Anderson said...

Hilarious - ok, well you did have A LOT of snow so I gather I'd have to agree enough is enough. I loved your snowy pictures. We're still waiting for snow, any snow, a flake or two....

Tanya

WoolenSails said...

Too funny, love the photo.

Debbie

La Donna Welter said...

Love, love, love this photo!
La Donna

Julie said...

You're too funny and cute!